Join DBIA this November 8-10 in Philadelphia for the 2017 Design-Build Conference & Expo! The Conference & Expo is the largest gathering of the year for the design-build market and the only event focused exclusively on design-build. It is the perfect opportunity to learn key aspects of design-build project delivery from experienced, knowledgeable and articulate industry experts who will highlight best practices, innovations, teamwork, hot topics, trends, procuring and contracting and so much more.
DBIA is committed to ensuring that owners are active participants, including a forum exclusively for public and private owners. Touted as one of the most valuable segments of the conference, the Owners’ Only Forum allows for open, honest discussions of project delivery successes, challenges, and opportunities with peers, as well as peer-to-peer sharing. To assist owners who may not have the funds to attend the conference, DBIA offers scholarship opportunities each year. Recipients of the scholarship are eligible for complimentary registration and/or partial travel costs and, in exchange, must attend the Owners’ Forum on Wednesday, November 8, as well as provide a testimonial of their experience.
To be considered for a 2017 Owner Scholarship, applicants must complete the online application by August 21, 2017.
Owner Scholarship Guidelines & Eligibility
- NEW! To achieve our goal of educating as many owners/agencies as possible, individuals who have received a travel stipend in the last two years (2015 and 2016) may only apply for complimentary registration to the 2017 Conference. New applicants may apply for consideration to multiple funds. However, DBIA cannot guarantee that all requests will be awarded.
- The travel stipend for transportation will be a fixed amount based upon the average reasonable airfare or train to the host conference city from within the contiguous United States as determined by DBIA.
- DBIA cannot award scholarships to multiple individuals from the same agency unless funds are still available after all interested agency applications are reviewed.
- The amount awarded is based on the number of applications received and fund availability.
- Applicants who have already paid registration fees will not be refunded.
- Applicants need not be members of DBIA to qualify.
If you have questions regarding the Owner Scholarship, please contact Allison Leisner at email@example.com.