Date: October 15, 2018
Time: 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Event Flyer [PDF]
One of the hallmarks of design-build project delivery is early knowledge of costs. This course will introduce the fundamentals of conceptual estimating and how you go about assessing risk and calculating costs before the design is complete. At the end of this course students will be able to: describe the role of the estimator in design-build; describe the various influences affecting building costs; describe the various types of estimates; describe how estimates are organized using standard estimating formats; explain how to use an estimating manual; describe how unit prices are developed; explain the fundamental concepts of value engineering; explain how to manage and control costs throughout the design process; describe the various checks and balances needed to ensure the reliability of the estimate.
- Introduce estimating fundamentals in general.
- Describe the various influences affecting building costs.
- Describe the various types of estimates.
- Explain the fundamental principles of conceptual estimating.
- Describe the role of the estimator in the design-build team.
- Describe how estimates are organized using standard estimating formats.
- Explain the fundamental concepts of value engineering.
- Describe the various checks and balances needed to ensure the reliability of the estimate.
- Use of conceptual estimates in proposal evaluations.
- Explain how to manage and control costs throughout the design process.
This course is eligible for 6 CEU credits.
DBIA Member: $375.00
DBIA Owner Member: $275.00
Owner Non-Member: $375.00
Includes breakfast and lunch
Executive Director, DBIA-New England Region
617-455-9295 or email@example.com