Why Join DBIA?
DBIA is the only membership organization bringing together thousands of organizations and individuals representing architects, engineers, public and private owners, general and specialty contractors, manufacturers and suppliers, students, college and university faculty, legal, insurance and finance professionals, consultants and more. There are numerous membership benefits that apply to all members as well as benefits based on specific needs.
For Public/Private Owners
- Owner focused education
- Scholarships to conferences which include Owner-Only Forums
- Owner Hotline for quick answers to project delivery questions
- Project Database with examples of all types of projects
- Discounted owner prices on products and services
For Industry Firms and Professionals
- Listing in online directory/search engine used by owners looking for expertise or firms looking for partners
- Discounted subscription service for online education
- Library of live education including discounts of Certification Workshops
For Young Professionals (age 30 and younger)
DBIA provides a path from student engagement to industry involvement.
- Discounted membership price
- Discounts on programs and education
- Provides a community of peers
- Provides a path to become DBIA certified
- Provides career building and leadership development
- Provides mentoring opportunities by DBIA members
For Academia and Students
- University Program allows exposure to design-build and its potential for problem solving, providing the educational content needed for certification while still in school.
- Educator Workshop held annually during the summer for faculty to discuss ways universities have incorporated DBIA curriculum and to help guide others through the process. This workshop is free to qualified faculty.
- Annual Student Competition
Students can join their school’s chapter, start a school chapter or join as an individual student member.
Design-Build Education and Training
- Instructor-led full day courses
- Three and Four-day Certification Bootcamps and Workshops
- In-house (company-based) training tailored to your specific needs
- One to two-hour webinars
- Subscription service for those wishing to buy online offerings in bulk.
Tools and Resources
- Design-Build Primers that explain design-build in layman’s terms as well as guide owners through selecting the project delivery method most appropriate to the situation
- Best Practices Documents that enhance the chances of project success for the owner and entire design-build team
- DBIA Standard Form Contract Documents provide a proven and tested contractual basis for integrated design and construction. DBIA’s standard forms series is the largest and most complete set of design-build contracts available in the industry
- Design-Build Manual of Practice – a reference manual of over 20 chapters which covers all aspects of design-build project delivery of owners and practitioners.
News and Information
DBIA offers weekly and monthly publications as well as a website with the latest news.
When joining, all members join the national organization. DBIA Regional membership is included with your national dues at no additional cost.